2016 Scholarship Information
Palmer Lake Art Group
Send completed form to: Lynn Roth, Bx 585, Palmer Lake 80133 • email@example.com
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Mon Apr 25 2016.
For more than 40 years, The Palmer Lake Art Group has been offering art scholarships to graduating seniors of Lewis-Palmer School District 38 schools. Recent individual awards have been up to $1000. The scholarship fund is kept active by art exhibits, sales, and the Annual Art and Fine Crafts Show and Sale the first weekend of October in Palmer Lake. Many artist members are art instructors as well, and committed to art education and instruction.
[palmerlakeartgroup.com & mcgallerypl.com]
The scholarships awarded are to be used at an institution of higher learning; and will be paid to the school upon proof of enrollment in an art-related field.
- A resident of D38, and a graduating senior of Lewis-Palmer District 38.
- Qualified to enter an institution of higher learning.
- Must have a desire to continue work in the field of fine art or commercial art.
- Applicant need not be a student in the art department.
1) Photo of Artist
2) Complete application [2nd page]
3) Submit [online or mail hardcopy]
Presentation of art work for jury Wed, Apr 27:
- Examples of art work from any art classes taken anywhere while high school age; and independent work you’ve done. Include your best work.
- Sketchbook, currently used.
- A Colorado poster. The poster should depict the state of Colorado from the artist’s perspective, i.e. an activity, a place, or something that represents Colorado to you.
Art work will be judged on imagination, skill, originality and growth/ progression. The contents of the sketchbook may come from the student’s imagination or life experience, and reflects the development of the artist—areas of exploration, focus, refinement, study, and processes–over time.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: Mon Apr 25 2016.
Judging: Wed, Apr 27, 2016 both high schools
The judges will select up to 3 pieces of each award recipient’s art work which will be on exhibit at the Palmer Lake Art Group‘s Mother’s Day Art Show, opening reception May 6, 2016.
2016 Scholarship Award Recipients will be honored at the opening reception, and are expected to attend. Family and friends are invited and encouraged to attend as well. Come and meet the PLAG artists committed to making the student scholarships possible for young artists year after year. We look forward to meeting you.
The Award Committee is composed of up to four (4) judges selected by the Palmer Lake Art Group. The committee reserves the right to divide the award however they wish, among two or more entrants; or make no award at all. This scholarship is to be used within the next 12 months (June 1, 2017). Payment is made directly to the college, upon proof of enrollment in an art-related field.
If there are any questions please contact me.
Lynn L Roth: firstname.lastname@example.org • 719-649-4241 text/voice • Box 585, Palmer Lake, CO 80133